- Multi-user support. – each user has their own preferences and can protect their account with a PIN number.
- Certificates – each account can be set to restrict access to a maximum certificate level. (film certificates are automatically downloaded from the internet along with actor/director information)
- “Quick Play” to allow you to watch or listen to a random selection very easily.
- Improved Linux support.
- Scheduler interface added to the Configuration Utility for Linux users.
- New styles available that use 24-bit background images – 2 styles are provided as default, and more can be downloaded from this website.
- Made sure all table/column names are the correct case (linux is case-sensitive for MySQL)
- Checked and fixed some memory leaks.
- Made support.log a more readable.
- Fixed issues relating to the use of symbolic links on linux.
- Fixed a bug in the weather module where changing units lost the current city you were viewing.
- Thumbnails for media without album art were not being displayed correctly.
- Improved the quality of the “Now Playing” screen image.
- Stopped error messages from appearing when downloading new styles (if there were none available)
Unfortunately, in versions prior to 1.09 the auto-update feature does not work correctly and so you must manually download a replacement upgrade.php script (available as a zip file here). Once you have overwritten your existing upgrade.php file with this one then you may choose the “Update” option from the SwissCenter main menu.
Note: Make sure that the Apache document root where you have installed SwissCenter and all the files/directories within it are owned by the Apache user otherwise the update will not be able to write the new files.