Swisscenter updates following 1.71 release...

If you have any ideas on how to make the SwissCenter better, then post them here!

Swisscenter updates following 1.71 release...

Postby souldub » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:55 am

Since the full version 1.71 is now available with a couple of new features ... Are there any plans for changes to Swisscenter to make use of the new features:

The latest version uses a new database... can this DB be used with the SwissCenter php code?

Can Swisscenter be changed to display album art during play back?

/Mark
Hardware: Helios X5000(HD)(Ethernet), Pinnacle Showcenter 1000 (SD)(Wired Ethernet)
Media Server: P4 Desktop MS XP, Simese, 1024 MB RAM, 800GB storage,
souldub

Re:Swisscenter updates following 1.71 release...

Postby admin » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:28 pm

Yes, there are plans to incorporate the new 1.71 features.

Definately - I've wanted this feature for ages, and will be implementing it very soon!

The latest version uses a new database... can this DB be used with the SwissCenter php code

No.

Having installed the pinnacle software and discovered that my memory consumption whilst windows is idle has increased to 45% (of 2Gb) then I shall be uninstalling MS-SQLServer and the pinnacle apps as soon as I've reverse engineered the new features!!

The footprint for the SwissCenter (MySQL and Simese) is much, much smaller - especially as Simese has the feature to shutdown MySQL when not in use to conserve memory after a given number of minutes.
Server : Windows Home Server (HP MediaSmart EX470)
Player #1: Pinnacle Showcenter 200 (wired ethernet)
Player #2: Popcorn Hour A110 (wired ethernet)
admin
Developer

Re:Swisscenter updates following 1.71 release...

Postby souldub » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:33 am

admin wrote:Yes, there are plans to incorporate the new 1.71 features.

Definately - I've wanted this feature for ages, and will be implementing it very soon!

The latest version uses a new database... can this DB be used with the SwissCenter php code

No.

Having installed the pinnacle software and discovered that my memory consumption whilst windows is idle has increased to 45% (of 2Gb) then I shall be uninstalling MS-SQLServer and the pinnacle apps as soon as I've reverse engineered the new features!!

The footprint for the SwissCenter (MySQL and Simese) is much, much smaller - especially as Simese has the feature to shutdown MySQL when not in use to conserve memory after a given number of minutes.

Thanks for the album art during playback. It;s a BIG plus for me... The only thing I would ask for it the ability to read the art from the APIC ID3 tag.

I know you are looking into this..

Thanks again... Great work...
Hardware: Helios X5000(HD)(Ethernet), Pinnacle Showcenter 1000 (SD)(Wired Ethernet)
Media Server: P4 Desktop MS XP, Simese, 1024 MB RAM, 800GB storage,
souldub

Return to Suggestions + Enhancements