NFS links for ISOs for NMT

This is the best place to post questions about the SwissCenter code, or to suggest improvements and/or bug-fixes.
Flag: United States of America

NFS links for ISOs for NMT

Postby dirkomatic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:55 pm

I have an iStar HD Mini with a PCH A-100 on the way. Both of these have the capability of playing an ISO from an NFS or SMB (although NFS is preferred) share. This works without a problem for me. I am really searching for a nice interface to serve up all my DVD ISOs which I have saved. I want to get SwissCenter working as my interface...

I have tried adding the iso extension to the capabilities.php file, but I get a "Could Not Play" message when I select an iso through SwissCenter. I have a suspicion that the NMT does not handle isos over HTTP at all.

I plan on working on it when I get a chance, but it may take me a week or two. Please let me know if I am thinking correctly or if I'm heading in the wrong direction.

What I am going to try to do is add a setting which stores the NFS share used for videos. There is a method to create hyperlinks to files on the NFS shares in the NMT HTML spec. See

If this share is pointing to the same directory as the video list in SwissCenter I can build a link to the ISO file directly by adding the correct code to the playlist.php file.

I think this should work, but am I right?

Return to “General Development”