Testing Simese 2.6

If you are using the "Simese & SwissCenter" installation on Windows, and you are have any questions or issues that relate to the Simese Server, post them here.

Moderator: marco

Re: Testing Simese 2.6.5

Postby marco » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Pernod wrote:Why do you say it's not accordiing to specification? As far as I know the response to a HEAD request returns exactly the same headers as a GET request but without the body.

Currently the HEAD request returns the headers AND the body (it acts as a GET). So because it includes the body, it is not according to specification. But it seems this doesn't matter :-)

Marco.
marco

Postby Pernod » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 pm

I'd prefer it only returns the headers if possible. The PCH (and other players) usually make a HEAD request to determine filetype and length before actual streamng with GET. Returning the body will likely cause delay waiting for more data to be transferred that required.

EDIT: This does actually delay playback of videos which are streamed by Simese. All other media is streamed by PHP.
Players : Popcorn A-300 | Popcorn A-200 | Popcorn A-100 | Netgear EVA700
Webserver : Simese v2.6.5 | Apache 2.2.21 | PHP v5.2.17 | MySQL v5.1.32
Server : Windows 7 Professional 64bit - Intel i7-4770K @4.2GHz - 16GB RAM - 5TB HDD | Synology DS412+
AV : Pioneer VSX-915 | Samsung LE40C650

Pernod
Developer

Postby joelxy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi,

Apple plays now here. :) finally!
No luck with YouTube and Toma TV.
The rest seems also OK, speed is good.

Thanks J.
Player : (wired) HDX 1000 - crossflashed to PopCorn latest firmware Server: Windows 7 Ultimate running on an Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swiss-SVN latest
SIMESE 2.6.4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
joelxy

Postby dbelda » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi Nigel,

I'm having one issue that I can only think of being related with the change in Simese.

I had added the PHPCallingMethod to the Simese.ini and music worked like a charm.

After the first scheduled media search, SC is no longer displaying all my movies in the list of videos. When I navigate to the video list, there are now only 7 videos being displayed. If I query the database directly via SQL, I get the full list of 216 videos. Same result in from the statistics page in the config section.

I have now updated to the latest svn and Simese 2.6.5 (removed the PHPCallingMethod) and ran a full media search, but the issue still remains...

Any ideas on what could be the cause?

I've attached the log of me navigating to the video list page. It is using log level 9 as level 8 didn't show anything not already included in level 5...

Thanks,
Daniel
Attachments
log_level9.txt
Missing attachment
(5.11 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Players: Popcorn A-200 | Pinnacle 1000
Webserver: Apache 2.2.22 | PHP 5.2.8 | MySQL 5.1.32-community
SwissCenter latest svn
Server: Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
Spec: Intel Duo Core 2 GHz | 2 GB Ram | 3.75 TB HDD
dbelda
Contributor 2011

Postby dbelda » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 pm

dbelda wrote:I've attached the log of me navigating to the video list page. It is using log level 9 as level 8 didn't show anything not already included in level 5...

Now with the correct file :whistle:
Attachments
log_level9_00001.txt
File attachment
(18.96 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Players: Popcorn A-200 | Pinnacle 1000
Webserver: Apache 2.2.22 | PHP 5.2.8 | MySQL 5.1.32-community
SwissCenter latest svn
Server: Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
Spec: Intel Duo Core 2 GHz | 2 GB Ram | 3.75 TB HDD
dbelda
Contributor 2011

Postby Pernod » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:36 pm

dbelda wrote:After the first scheduled media search, SC is no longer displaying all my movies in the list of videos. When I navigate to the video list, there are now only 7 videos being displayed. If I query the database directly via SQL, I get the full list of 216 videos. Same result in from the statistics page in the config section.

Nothing to do with Simese. On the User Management page in the Configuration you have set your Max Certificate Viewable to something very restricted, and so most of your videos have been filtered as not suitable for this user.
Server : Windows 7 Professional 64bit - Intel i7-4770K @4.2GHz - 16GB RAM - 5TB HDD | Synology DS412+

Pernod
Developer

Postby marco » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Pernod wrote:I'd prefer it only returns the headers if possible. The PCH (and other players) usually make a HEAD request to determine filetype and length before actual streamng with GET. Returning the body will likely cause delay waiting for more data to be transferred that required.

EDIT: This does actually delay playback of videos which are streamed by Simese. All other media is streamed by PHP.

The HEAD/GET issue should only be a problem while calling PHP files. A direct HEAD call to a file request should work as expected as far as I know. The reason I currently implemented a php HEAD request as a GET is I didn't find an interface in the php library for the HEAD method. If I have some time I'l dig into this a little bit deeper.

Marco.
marco

Postby Pernod » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:24 pm

marco wrote:The HEAD/GET issue should only be a problem while calling PHP files. A direct HEAD call to a file request should work as expected as far as I know. The reason I currently implemented a php HEAD request as a GET is I didn't find an interface in the php library for the HEAD method. If I have some time I'l dig into this a little bit deeper.

Marco.

If a PHP file is called then I typically detect that it is a HEAD request and only return the headers. If Simese is responding to the request then I think it is also partially sending the body (need to confirm this), which delays the player from sending a GET to actually play the media.

Pernod
Developer

Previous

Return to Simese